- Do you find it difficult to improve your piano playing?
- Do you feel lost in your piano practice?
- Do you feel lack of clear direction in polishing your piano playing?
- Do you want better guidance with step-by-step approach to better your practice and playing?
- Do you know there are a lot to learn and understand on piano technique with mastering which you can take your playing to the next new height, the ultimate freedom and pleasure in enjoying piano and music?
If you answered “Yes” to any of the questions above, this book is for you.
This is the ultimate guidebook for all of you, piano players, parents and piano teachers. If you want to take control of your piano playing /your children’s piano education/your students’ piano journey, you must read this book now.
An expert in piano performance and pedagogy, Author Teresa Wong reveals how one can transform their piano playing to the next new height by first understanding the basic human anatomy, how each part of the body – especially the upper arms, forearms, wrists, palms and fingers- works.
She writes in details about weight transfer and the various technical skills one needs to acquire. She continues to discuss different ways to gain new techniques and efficient practice routines to achieve best results.
Reviews by Actual Readers
…It is very easy-to-read and useful. It provides the reasons behind the said technique, with logical and detailed information. *Highlight* there are several video links in eBook format, which direct you from the specific chapter to the specific video link which is talking about, and demonstrate to you immediately, lovely! So recommend to the pianists that stuck a while and cannot play with freedom for long!… – Stella Li Ka Po, Amazon.Com
- Paperback: 118 pages
- Publisher: Wong Wing Yin (April 15, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9887708305
- ISBN-13: 978-9887708308
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 0.3 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.6 ounces
Table of Contents
- PREFACE: Piano Technique is a Myth
- Chapter One: The Importance of A Positive Attitude
- Chapter Two: Body Orientation And Exercises
- Chapter Three: Finger-Forearm Alignment
- Chapter Four: The Think Big Exercise
- Chapter Five: Bernstein’s Weight Training Method
- Chapter Six: Sandor’s Five Basic Motions
- Chapter Seven: My Methodology
- Chapter Right: Practice Makes Perfect: Only if You Know How
- Chapter Nine: Motivation To Practice
- Chapter Ten: Why Do You Want To Learn Piano?
- RECOMMENDED BOOKLIST
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Miss Teresa Wing-Yin Wong received her musical training at Hong Kong Baptist University, where she graduated with first class majoring in Piano Performance (B.A. Music) with many scholastic awards. She was also awarded with the Licentiate of the Royal Schools of Music in Piano Performance.
She further studied at Indiana University Jacobs School of Music with scholarships, later awarded with a Master degree of Music in Piano Performance, with special interests in Piano Pedagogy and Choral Conducting.
Wong has participated in well-renowned music festivals, and she has performed frequently as a soloist and chamber musician in Europe, North America, and the Greater China. In her native city Hong Kong, Miss Wong was a freelance keyboard player for the Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra and conductor and accompanist at Hong Kong Children’s Choir to name a couple. She has performed as a soloist and a collaborative musician at local public venues and concert halls, and has also recorded solo and chamber music programs for RTHK Radio Four.
Her recent performance engagement includes several concert appearances in China and France. Being a versatile pianist, Miss Wong is particularly passionate about her teaching. She was an adjunct lecturer at Hong Kong Baptist University, and a teaching assistant at the Chinese University of Hong Kong when pursuing her research interest in historical musicology.
Miss Wong has also served as a jury in prestigious international piano competitions. Now she focuses on building her school “Teresa Wong School of Music” to teach students and train teachers to maintain a higher level of teaching quality and learning standard. Other than hands-on teaching, Miss Wong devotes herself in helping students to succeed in music via various platforms.
Miss Wong is the first person ever to develop iPhone applications – Aural Training Grade 5 Lite (free version) & Aural Training Grade 5 (full version) (on AppStore) to train music aural ability specifically for standardized exams presented by Associated Boards of Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM).
Her past projects include her charity organization “Teresa Wong Music Academy’ which organized concerts and workshops to educate and inspire music lovers, students and teachers in the community. Her recent projects include publishing her books – piano freedom, Technique Transformation Exercise Book, Music on Wings Piano Beginner Course Books Series (Student Guides and Teacher Instruction Books).