[anti-rclick] © 2009 – 2011, All Rights Reserved.
1. There should be mutual respect and trust among the teacher and students, as well as the teacher and parents.
2. Punctuality for lessons is of utmost importance. Lessons are automatically cancelled with no refund when students do not show up or are more than 15 minutes late without reasonable explanation.
3. Daily practice is vital for students of all levels to learn and progress. A general guideline of daily
practice is as follows:
Beginners and students of grade 1 (first 6 months of learning) : 20-30 minutes
Students of grades 2-4 (6 months -1 or 2 years) : 30 minutes or more
Students of grades 5-7 : 45 minutes
Students of grade 8 and diploma levels: an hour or more
It is valuable for students to keep a practice diary to keep track of their own progress.
4. Students are required to take lessons weekly on scheduled day and time. If there is a need to reschedule an upcoming lesson, inform me a week ahead in person or by email, or at least three days prior to the lesson by phone. It is advised not to cancel any lesson, but if such is necessary (e.g. long holiday season or school exam period), the best way to do so is to inform me during the end of the lesson for cancellation of the next. Missed lesson is not to be made up unless such absence is due to extreme sickness or emergency. Students are reminded that they should make up the canceled lesson as much as they possibly can. Therefore, whenever there is a canceled lesson, students are required to make it up within the week as soon as possible.
5. Parents and/ guardians and maids should avoid staying in the studio during students’ piano lessons.
6. There are no lessons on Christmas Day and Boxing Day (December 25 and 26), New Year’s Day (January 1), and the first three days of Chinese New Year. Lessons occurring on these days might either be cancelled or rescheduled to other days. Should students wish to move lessons on other public holidays to another days, please give me one week’s notice.
7. Excessive absences, misbehavior and consistent under-preparation for lessons are absolutely unacceptable. Students concerned will be advised and warned, and to the extreme cases, expelled from my studio.
8. Cell phones and pagers must be turned to silent during the lessons. Please refrain from talking while waiting.
9. Students who wish to participate in any master classes, competitions, public exams and performance opportunities must consult me for advice and permission.
10. Parents/Students are responsible for purchasing music books and materials required for lessons. Please consult me if there is any need regarding to recommendation of piano, music score or related equipment purchase.
11. Parents are welcome to observe their children’s lessons with my consent; likewise, students can also sit in other students’ lessons with my approval and that of the concerned students. Parents and students should feel free to discuss with me their children/their own progresses.
12. Tuition fee is due the first lesson of every month. Students are required to take the fifth lesson when there is an extra week, since every lesson is important for maximum progress. Please pay cash, or check payable to “Wong Wing Yin”.
Learning to play the piano is a wonderful experience. I hope you and/or your children enjoy it. Please feel free to talk to me should you have any question at all.
“Without music life is a mistake.” – Nietzsche
© 2009 – 2011, All Rights Reserved.